Tuesday 7 June 2016

WPCA High ropes day

WPCA High Ropes day


On the 3/6/16 I did the high ropes course at the Groynes. I was excited but nervous. We started of by doing team building activities. I think we did them so we could gain each other's trust because when you're 25m in the air your life is in your groups hands, Literally. There was a giant's ladder, a vertical playground, a flying kiwi and floating islands. My group did the giants ladder first. We went in teams of three and we had to try to get to the top. It was wooden planks attached to rope like a rope ladder but much, much bigger. At the bottom of it the planks are about 1 metre apart but more at the top it was way taller then me apart. When I was at the top I had to jump to reach the planks. On the third to last plank i realised how high up, but instead of being scared it felt awesome! I reached the top and stood up…. and did a victory dance. The vertical playground was a bunch of obstacles vertical. That was far easier than the giants ladder and I reached the top. Piece of cake. There was a flying kiwi where one person is harnessed up and the rest hold a rope the person runs one way and the group runs the other way. That one person flies really high up and it feels like flying. That was my favourite activity. There was another activity where there were  two obstacles, a telegraph pole on an angle and a bridge of crates which were really wobbly. I was brave and did both. Samuel and I had a competition to see who could go the fastest across it. Samuel bet me by 10 seconds. He did 1 minute. When we finished the day I realised two things, one the harness really hurts after a while and two, I found another sport i’m good at, Climbing. I had great fun and I was proud that I completed every activity and that i'm not scared of heights anymore because last time I climbed i was pretty scared being high but now height is hey!

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed that did you.Marcus you did a really good climb you completed everything well done give yourself a pat on the back:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and to think that I was scared of heights! If someone came along and saw me at the top you wouldn't think I used to be scared of heights! I am proud that I conquered my fear of heights!

    ReplyDelete